A London based consulting firm has created an index which ranks how many countries each nationality can visit without applying for a visa.
The current list of the world’s most powerful passports
1. Japan, Singapore (180 countries)
2. Germany (179 countries)
3. Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Sweden, Spain, South Korea (178 countries)
4. Norway, United Kingdom, Austria, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal (177 countries)
5. Switzerland, Ireland, United States, Canada (176 countries)
6. Belgium, Australia, Greece (174 countries)
7. New Zealand, Czech Republic, Malta (173 countries)
8. Iceland (172 countries)
Travelling with an Australian passport you can now visit 174 countries visa-free. While having an Australian passport puts you among the world’s most powerful travellers, it is also one of the world’s most expensive. Australian passports have increased in price by $5 to $282 on 1 January 2018 and it is currently the world’s second-most expensive passport. Only war-torn Syria had a pricier passport, costing $500.
The new, improved Henley Passport Index website provides comprehensive lists of the countries you can access visa-free, with an e-visa, with visa on arrival or with a regular visa. This website also allows users to explore visa requirements for any country in the world and compare them with your own, allowing you to calculate how your travel could be improved with an alternative passport.
So when you take your next international flight, park your car with Ace Airport Parking. We offer 24/7 security monitored undercover and outdoor airport car parking with a range of options such as valet parking, car washing and servicing which is rounded off with our award-winning customer service and great prices!